DESCRIPTIVE PARAGRAPH

Descriptive Paragraph
To write a descriptive paragraph, start by introducing the person, place, or thing you want to describe in the first sentence so you grab the reader's attention. 

Use striking phrases and vivid adjectives to help the reader visualize everything.

Give title to your paragraph. 

Description of Person(Sample) 

My Best Friend Karan

Karan has been my best friend since we were in the primary school. He's a tall and slim young man with tanned skin and curly dark hair. He has brown small eyes in an oval shiny face. He always wears casual clothes in a very messy way.
Karan is very outgoing. He is an extroverted person who loves having fun all the time. He's got a great sense of humour, and he always makes me laugh. Karan is a very generous and sensitive person. However, he can be a little tense at times. For example, when someone crosses him, he suddenly becomes very quarrelsome and wild.
Karan is very keen on playing games, particularly soccer. During the weekends, he spends hours either training his football team or watching matches on TV. In addition to that, he enjoys singing and dancing, as well, and he is fond of listening to pop music in particular. Everybody likes him for his modesty and sociability.
 All in all, I'm satisfied to have such a good person like Karan as a friend. I really enjoy his company. I never feel bored or sad when I am with him. I'm sure we'll always be intimate friends.

Description of Thing (Sample) 

"A Friendly Clown"

On one corner of my dresser sits a smiling toy clown on a tiny unicycle―a gift I received last Christmas from a close friend. The clown's short yellow hair, made of yarn, covers its ears but is parted above the eyes. The blue eyes are outlined in black with thin, dark lashes flowing from the brows. It has cherry-red cheeks, nose, and lips, and its broad grin disappears into the wide, white ruffle around its neck. The clown wears a fluffy, two-tone nylon costume. The left side of the outfit is light blue, and the right side is red. The two colors merge in a dark line that runs down the center of the small outfit. Surrounding its ankles and disguising its long black shoes are big pink bows. The white spokes on the wheels of the unicycle gather in the center and expand to the black tire so that the wheel somewhat resembles the inner half of a grapefruit. The clown and unicycle together stand about a foot high. As a cherished gift from my good friend Tran, this colorful figure greets me with a smile every time I enter my room.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DROP A PEBBLE IN THE WATER : POEM ANALYSIS, EXPLANATION AND QUESTION ANSWERS

NOTE MAKING IN CBSE